Configuring bogofilter inside of a maildrop mailfilter

Treyvan treyvan at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 16 19:20:19 CEST 2003

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get bogofilter to work inside my mailfilter file and am
> having some difficulty.
>
> My setup is qmail+vpopmail+maildrop
>
> I've got this in my mailfilter:
>
> xfilter "/usr/bin/bogofilter -d
> /raid/var/vpopmail/domains/everydns.net/davidu/.bogofilter -u -e -p"

I was never able to get it to work using your method of passing the -d
parameter.

In my filter (postfix-virtual-maildrop) I have:

xfilter "/usr/bin/bogofilter -u -p -e -c $HOME/bogofilter.rc"

With (postfix-virtual-maildrop) the $HOME is set to the user's virtual
maildirectory.

The bogofilter.rc file only has one line for my purposes:
bogofilter_dir=/fully/qualifed/path/to/the/virtual/mail/directory

In my installation with postfix all files must be either owned or accessable
(sorry I can't remember exactly what perms work and don't) by the virtual
mail user on my sytem.

I hope this helps.