randomtrain query

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Apr 12 06:40:24 CEST 2003

At 12:10 AM 4/12/03, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
>I just grabbed 0.11.1.9, and have been attempting to get the randomtrain
>script to function.
>
>According to what is tossed onto the screen, I should be doing something
>like;
>
>cd ~/Mail/oldspam  -- where I hold my spam
>then running the script as follows;
>
>randomtrain -d /home/rodney/.bogofilter/ -c
>/home/rodney/.bogofilter/.bogofilterrc  -s *
>
>I must still be doing something incorrectly, as the script does not do
>anything, other than throw the default syntax.
>
>Any suggestions or pointers would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks

Rodney,

Sounds like you have Maildir directories with multiple files containing 1
message each.

randomtrain expects the -s and -n options to be followed by the name of a
single mbox file. You should do something like:

cat spam/* >spam.mbx ; cat ham/* >ham.mbx ;  randomtrain -d ... -c ... -s
spam.mbx -n ham.mbx

Also there's a new script contrib/trainbogo.sh which Trevor wrote and
modeled after randomtrain.  I believe it has the same goal as random
train.  However I've not used it yet.  I mention it here because it deals
with Maildirs, rather than mboxes.

Hope this helps.