Maintaining a snappy bogofilter

Chris Ditri chrisd at better-investing.org
Fri Apr 11 17:54:34 CEST 2003

Well, Now that I am back on track, I estimate that I am pushing around 97-98%
accuracy using the default bogofilter.cf. In my current setup I am receiving
about 1500 emails a day.  When I did my initial beta-test with bogofilter
.10.x, I was over 99.9% accurate using default settings, and receiving about
800 messages a day.

I hope to get that percentage back up, because I plan to go global next week,
which will be probably around 20,000 or so messages a day (just a guess, but
we have about 110 more accounts yet who will be using bogofilter soon).

I keep a copy of anything that bogofilter finds as spam, and send out a daily
report to each user of any emails filtered out as spam. (it lists the subject
and from line of each email -- not the contents of each mail).  I keep the
spams for 30 days, then they get the axe.  If something was mis-labeled as
spam and they want it restored, they have to get with me prior to then.

I figure this coveres my a** just in case bogofilter gets too aggressive.

Chris