filter mode and hints.

Eric Limpens eric at limpens.net
Tue Apr 8 11:24:56 CEST 2003

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 08:16:46AM +1000, michael at optusnet.com.au wrote:

> Is there any interest in adding
> a 'filter' mode to bogofilter? I.e. having it
> take a list of filenames on STDIN, and output
> filename plus spamicity rating on STDOUT?
>
> My desire for this arises from wanting to do high
> throughput filtering (multi-million emails per day).
> At the moment, the throughput is (obviously) hugely
> impacted by the fork and exec startup costs.
>
> Is this a reasonable feature to add to bogofilter?

I did an attempt to make something like that using the
sendmail milter api. Although I've got a milter now, which
takes every message, and popen()'s bogofilter, this clearly
is too slow.

But I do think this is a nice way to scan a lot of messages
a day. The intention is to tag all incoming messages, and
pass them to the proper MTA. This way every customer will be
able to decide for him/her self what to do with the tagged
messages.