Using central wordlists and sylpheed-claws

Kevin McKinley ronin2 at bellatlantic.net
Sat Apr 5 21:43:37 CEST 2003

I would like to use bogofilter with sylpheed-claws, and with a central
database (I use /var/lib/bogofilter since it was a choice in bogofilter.cf).

Before I can turn bogofilter loose on sylpheed, I need to train it, so I
tried to run the bogolearn script I posted in another message.

It fails, apparently because /var/lib/bogofilter is owned by root and I'm
not root unless I need to be. Sylpheed runs as a normal user as well, so it
sounds like I may have a problem.

I know hard drive space is cheap, but it offends my delicate sensibilites to
have a different database for each user (that seems like wasteful
duplication, although there are only three of me). :)

Is there an elegant way around this, or must I choose between ugly hacks and
a database for each user?

Kevin