BUG - bogoutil (version 0.11.1.6)

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Apr 5 20:54:32 CEST 2003

Hello Michele,

Welcome to bogofilter.  The "-p" was intended modify the behavior of
"-w".  "-w" requires a directory name and "-p" doesn't take an
argument.  Given these constraints, the proper command usage is "bogofilter
-p -w directory word1 word2" or "bogofilter -w directory -p word1 word2".

The code is doing what was planned, but the documentation is clearly _not_
clear.

Thinking about the structure of the command line, it'd probably be better
if "-p directory" was allowed.  Certainly it'd be a little simpler for user.

By the way, the best way to know what's happening with bogofilter it to
subscribe to the mailing list.  You can do that by sending a message to
bogofilter at aotto.com with subject "subscribe".  The mailing list is also
the best place to report problems.

Hope this helps.

David

P.S. I'll be changing the documentation and/or the code.  Thanks for
spotting the problem and reporting it.