bogofilter.cf format

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Apr 5 06:34:29 CEST 2003

At 10:34 PM 4/4/03, Kevin McKinley wrote:

>I've recently installed bogofilter, and I'm trying to understand
>bogofilter.cf.
>
>Some of the lines begin with #. Some begin with ##. No lines begin any other
>way.
>
>So what's a comment? Is *every* line in /etc/bogofilter.cf a comment?
>
>Can you include an explanation in the header of what's an option and what's
>a comment?
>
>Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Lines beginning with a hash mark, i.e. '#', are comment lines.  It says so
in the header of the file.

Multiple hash marks are used to make section headers stand out.

Lines without leading hash marks are non-comment lines.  They show the
default settings that are built into the bogofilter source code and
executable program.  This info is also included in the first few lines of
the header.

My copy of bogofilter.cf.example has 255 lines.  Of that count 21 show the
defaults.  The remaining 234 are either blank or comment lines beginning
with a hash mark.  If your copy of bogofilter.cf.example doesn't (roughly)
match these line counts there's a problem.

Hope this helps!