bogofilter milter

Eric Limpens eric at limpens.net
Fri Apr 4 10:21:00 CEST 2003

Hi,

 I was attempting to get bogofilter running as a sendmail milter,
 so I wrote a 'wrapper'.

 My milter, based on the sample filter from the libmilter/README
 file, uses popen() to start bogofilter on incoming messages,
 and uses a temp file to feed bogofilter. Any output (the X-Bogosity
 line) from bogofilter is added as a header by the milter (the _addheader
 function).

 This is ofcourse not efficient and I doubt this way is thread safe,
 as it supposed to be. A simple improvement would be to send the data
 directly to bogofilter and not cache it in a temp file. Also the popen
 isn't really nice. Incorporating all bogogfilter functionality (merging
 code from main.c) into the milter would reduce overhead.

 My question(s): sendmail will start several threads with code from the
 milter, would this be a problem with the bogofilter code?
 That is, will the bogofilter code be able to handle multiple requests
 simultaneously reading and writing to/from the db4 files? Or will I
 end up with corrupt files?

 Eric