configure failure os x

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Apr 2 17:31:32 CEST 2003

At 02:06 AM 4/2/03, David Minor wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 22:37:38 -0800, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> > On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 23:16:40 -0600
> > David Minor <dave at dminor.com> wrote:
> >
> >>  configure: error: Can not locate a suitable Berkeley DB library.
> >
> > Do you have Berkeley DB installed?
> >

>I have berkeley db installed and the I entered the path to its
>directory with --with-db=/path/here

David,

Have you looked at config.log?  configure writes a fair amount of info to
it.  The last hunk of config.log generally shows what configure was last
doing.  In the case of a configure error, that last hunk is the thing to
look at.

Take a look and see what you find.  If what's there is totally meaningless
for you, find the first line that mentions Berkeley DB and post the file
from that line to the end of the file.

Let us know how it goes.