What is a word (lexertest)

Mark Lanett mlanett at parrotchat.net
Wed Oct 23 23:29:43 CEST 2002

Tom Allison wrote:

>How to correct false readings from a POP
>server.

I've been thinking about the same thing, but from the IMAP perspective.

What I have now is 3 spam mailboxes: Caught, Missed, Incorrect.

Caught: procmail moves things into Caught based on bogosity=Yes
Missed: If bogofilter misses a spam, than I manually move it from my Inbox
into Missed. A daily cron job runs over these messages with -s and deletes
them.
Incorrect: If bogofilter puts *valid* email into Caught, I move it into
Incorrect. A daily cron job runs over these with -n and refilters them with
procmail. [Note: this is theoretical, it hasn't happened to me yet].

This seems pretty clumsy to me. Also it is not right to have mail processed
with -u -e -p and then to correct it with -s (or -n): this results in the
same words being added to both lists, when they should be removed from the
wrong list.

To summarize: basically you have to consider both false positives and false
negatives in the error handling. And there is confusing user load.

~mark