Newbie Q

Michele Bariani michele at ferrara.linux.it
Sun Oct 13 15:51:10 CEST 2002

On Sunday 13 October 2002 12:54, Tom Allison wrote:

> How do I train it?
>
> Right now it's mostly wrong simply because it has no known history
> to work from.
>
> How can I beef up it's experience level?

I've used a little Perl script to feed it with a "ham" mbox file and then a
"spam" one (I've been collecting messages for months to experiment on them
8-). This way I've got some initial tuning on my own mail stream.
I can send you the script off-list if you like, it's not to be used as an
example of good Perl ;-) but works ok.

> Which brings me to what is probably a much harder question: Is there
> some way that I can have a client email a spam mail back and have
> the mail used for correcting a bogofilter setting?  Right now I'm
> not really sure how to accomplish this.

I've been talking about this with a friend of mine, the idea would be to have
a single keystroke/button that adds a new (personalized) header to the
message and sends it back to the server. The rules on the server would see
the header and understand the message is a false positive/negative that needs
correction (and not a new one).

Michele

--
Michele Bariani