mailing list speed

Adrian Otto aotto at aotto.com
Mon Oct 7 01:30:08 CEST 2002

Wow, thanks for the great feedback everyone! The qmail/ezmlm-idx that runs
our current list is 4+ years old, and runs about 10 mailing lists, each with
under 100 subscribers. From an administration perspective I'm happy with it.
The reason I'm planning to change it is because the hardware is on its last
legs, and I have better machines laying in the back of my closet collecting
dust.

Based on all your feedback, I'd like to use ezmlm-idx and Postfix together.
>From Matthias' comments below it sounds like that's possible. Can anyone
direct me toward documentation I can use to guide me through the setup? I'm
willing to invest some time if I can integrate ezmlm-idx and Postfix.

[snip]
> If you can afford some time and you don't need moderated lists, then it
> might be worthwhile to have an embedded qmail with ezmlm or ezmlm-idx,
> replacing qmail-queue with qmail-qmqpd, and feeding its mail to Postfix'
> QMQPd.
[snip]

Matthias, is this what you are talking about:
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2001-07/0457.html

Why wouldn't this approach work for moderated lists?

Thanks,

Adrian