X-Spam-Status (was Re: New Option - '-u' for update)

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sun Oct 6 12:11:17 CEST 2002

On Sat, 05 Oct 2002, Adrian Otto wrote:

> > > Let's use X-Bogosity:
> > > http://tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/bogosity.html
> >
> > Seconded.
>
> I agree that it should be configurable at compile time, with a default value
> of "X-Bogosity". I can make a rule in the configure script so that the user
> can specify the value with an optional argument to the configure script. Any
> more comments before I proceed?

Yes, I have one: Don't do it. We have sufficient information to let our
We cannot really expect users to update their recipes all over.

My plan is:

1. add an -e option to quench exit(1) to exit(0) to make procmail and
   maildrop really happy

2. Update all recipes to the new "-u" and "-e" options and drop the old
   examples

3. Add maildrop examples.

4. Add long options. Ship libgnugetopt if necessary.