multi-list code

Eric Seppanen eds at reric.net
Wed Oct 2 23:41:12 CEST 2002

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 05:31:36PM -0400, David Relson wrote:

> Since we already have a nice "-d" option for naming a wordlist directory, I
> figured we could use that to specify multiple wordlists.  Here's how it works:
>
> If "-d path" is specified, the normal location is ignored and the wordlists
> from "path" are used.  If "-d another_path" is used, the wordlists in
> directory "another_path" are also used...

The thing I don't like about this is that it implies that there will
always be pairs of lists, one good and one bad.  This isn't the case if
you download a spam-list from someone else.  While everyone's spam tends
to look the same, everyone's ham (non-spam mail) looks very different, and
I don't think it's workable to be downloading ham-lists from the net.

I'm not entirely sure how well this would work, but I would like to be
able to download a handful of giant spam-lists from folks on the net, and
use those instead of needing a big spam-archive to start with.  It
provides a nice jumping-off point if you've been deleting all your spam.

I'd rather just see a ~/.bogofilter/bogofilterrc file that lists user
preferences.

Plus, I think monster command-lines are a pain and prone to error.