trouble using unbase64 w bogofilter & procmail

Allyn Fratkin allyn at fratkin.com
Sat Nov 16 22:56:14 CET 2002

<x-flowed>

Barry Gould wrote:

> Do you think there could be any sort of locking problem? e.g. something
> is locked, so the second bogofilter pass gives up; OR, 2 things are
> writing to the same mailspool at once?

what did the logs tell you?

> > is there a reason you commented out the X-Bogosity check?  this will
> > run bogofilter on messages a second time even if the first bogofilter
> > run tagged it as spam.  this is probably not necessary.
>
> Yes, because if it was spam, more than just the headers should be saved,
> IMO. I'd like to have all the English text be classified.

then i don't think you're handling that correctly.  you'd want to run
"unbase64 | bogofilter -u" on all messages then regardless of any other
conditions.  the other conditions in that rule will cause some messages
to be skipped (e.g., larger than 256k, doesn't contain base64).

:0c
Allyn Fratkin             allyn at fratkin.com
Escondido, CA             http://www.fratkin.com/
</x-flowed>