trouble using unbase64 w bogofilter & procmail

Barry Gould BarryGould at pennysaverusa.net
Sat Nov 16 22:09:29 CET 2002

<x-flowed>

Hi Allyn,

Do you think there could be any sort of locking problem? e.g. something is
locked, so the second bogofilter pass gives up; OR, 2 things are writing to
the same mailspool at once?

At 07:44 PM 11/15/2002 -0800, you wrote:

>is there a reason you commented out the X-Bogosity check?  this will
>run bogofilter on messages a second time even if the first bogofilter
>run tagged it as spam.  this is probably not necessary.

Yes, because if it was spam, more than just the headers should be saved,
IMO. I'd like to have all the English text be classified.

>you are using the bogofilter -u option, which tells bogofilter to
>update the databases.  i'm not sure that's what you want in light of
>the rule below (although the advantage of using the -u here will get the
>decoded base64 text trained).

right. well, if I don't do it here, it won't be decoded. If there's a GOTO
or FINISH statement in procmail, I suppose I could use that?

>>#update db ONLY IF it was spam (due to too many false negatives)
>>:0c
>>| bogofilter -s
>
>messages tagged as spam by the unbase64 rule will be entered into the
>database twice if you use this rule.  i'm not sure that's what you want.

Thanks,
Barry
</x-flowed>