procmail, mutt and bogofilter problems

jerry jondola at mtaonline.net
Thu Nov 14 19:11:18 CET 2002

Hey list:
I am trying to get bogofilter incorporated into a gentoo 1.4 box and am
having some difficulties.
Several days ago, I recieved an email from the gentoo-user list that an
individual had made an ebuild for bogofilter, this was dl'd, and
compiled using gcc 3.2, installation completed with no errors, judy was
installed in the same fashion, with no errors.
Procmail was installed and configured to sort mail into folders, the
recipes were tested and they are working great. Procmail logging is on
and set to verbose. Mutt was configured to read the above sorted mail
folders, this also is working.
And now that you have a black and white picture, the problems.
When adding the following to the~/Procmail/rc.list or ~/.procmailrc
file, no logging occurs and mail is placed into /home/jerry/.maildir/cur
:0HB:
* ? bogofilter
IN-Mail/spam

:0HB:
* ? bogofilter
IN-spam

If, however these two rules are commented out, mail is correctly
sorted and procmail logging occurs.

I am also having difficulties understanding how to have bogofilter read
and update the goodlist/spamlist, I've tried to pass my self sorted spam
list thru bogofilter:

bogofilter -p /home/jerry/Mail/inbox/spam -s -v -v
bogofilter -p -s -u -e -v -v -v -l <
/home/jerry/Mail/inbox/spam/spam3.txt >bogofilter2.txt
bogofilter2.txt has a list of words and associated rankings, on that I
am guessing. the final line has:
86  P_Q_S_invsum_logsum    0.22808   0.98986  0.187268   -22.263
-394.837
Is the 0.98986, from above the overall score this email recieves?
I apologize for the long message and would gladly accept any help.
Thanks
jerry