man page

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Nov 12 18:47:17 CET 2002

Boris 'pi' Piwinger <3.14 at logic.univie.ac.at> writes:

> Hi!
>
> Some thoughts on the man page:
>
>>        For speed, MIME and other  attachments  are  not  decoded.
>>        Experience  from  watching the token streams suggests that
>>        spam with enclosures invariably gives itself away  through
>>        cues in the headers and non-enclosure parts.
>
> This is outright wrong as we discussed before and hence
> should be removed or better replaced by an explanation that
> this is a limitation which will be fixed.

Thanks, I'll move that to the BUGS section. I'll also be looking into
the other difficulties with the man page. Thanks for your attentively
reading this.

> ENVIRONMENT
>
> "to$BOGOFILTER_DIR" should be separated by a space.

I am trying   now, probably a style sheet bug.

> should also mention:
>
> :0HB:
> * ? bogofilter -u
> Mail/spam

Added.

> Later the .muttrc (note the *rc;-) macros are again to long.

The difficulty is: getting these lines right for man makes them
unreasonably short for HTML display. The indentation width for man is
plain ludicrous.

> The FILES section should name the config files.

> It would be very helpful to display the version in the man page.

That's impossible with the current style sheets, and I'm unaware how we
can override that specific part to include the version. We could ship a
date, but that's also not too simple, we'd have to make all these .xml
to .xml.in unless someone comes up with a better idea.