Can't find $HOME.

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Nov 11 05:05:14 CET 2002

"Jim" <jim at jtackett.com> writes:

> I didn't make a 'home' directory for bogo like a user, I just put installed
> it in /usr/local/bin.
>
> After I put those two lines in, the problem went away.  I didn't have to do
> that before with 0.8.0.

That's an artifact of the new configuration file functionality, and I
apologize for this inconvenience.

The problem is that bogofilter 0.8.0 assumes that $HOME is always set,
which is obviously untrue for daemons, because daemons do not log in and
don't get the POSIX standard environment bootstrapped.

Please see if the attached patch makes your HOME=.../export HOME hack
obsolete.

(I have a newer automake than David, this caused some additional lines
to be changed. The actual changes are in find_home.* and config.c.)