base64 spam / forcing bogofilter -p judgement

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Nov 8 03:44:12 CET 2002

On Thu, 07 Nov 2002, Allyn Fratkin wrote:

> Allyn Fratkin wrote:
>
> >this should be the same but more succinct:
> >:0fHB
> >* B ?? ^X-Bogosity: No
> >* ? unbase64 | bogofilter
> >| formail -I"X-Bogosity: Yes, tests=bogofilter-unbase64"
>
> sigh, i meant to type H but typed B so the first condition in the
> rule above should be:
> * H ?? ^X-Bogosity: No

I get the vague feeling again that procmail's user interface (i. e.  rc
file syntax) plain sucks. I was mostly rid of it until I joined in on
bogofilter ;-) No reproaching, but I feel maildrop's ~/.mailfilter
easier to read:

if (/^X-Bogosity: No/) {
  `unbase64 | bogofilter`
  if ($RETURNCODE == 0) {
    xfilter 'formail -I"X-Bogosity: Yes, tests=bogofilter-unbase64"'
  }
}