database recovery

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Nov 4 00:28:15 CET 2002

At 06:01 PM 11/3/02, jeff wrote:

>When I run `bogoutil -d goodlist.db` I get:
>
>bogoutil (c_get): DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database
>recovery
>bogoutil (db) db_lock:: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run
>database recovery
>
>How do I recover it? db_recover doesn't do the trick.
>bogoutil version: 0.7.6.0
>db version: 4.0.14  (rh8)
>
>The file was corrupted by a hardware related system crash, not
>anything bogofilter did. Still, I want it back. ;)
>
>Thanks,
>
>-Jeff

Jeff,

I wish I could help, but it's outside my expertise.  Gyepi is our Berkeley
DB expert.  If I remember correctly, last week he indicated that he's
moving on Monday (tomorrow).  With luck, he'll check in sooner rather than
later.

I suspect there's a Berkeley DB mailing lists from which you could get some
advice.

Good luck!