Dependencies (was Re: Spammers catching on)

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Dec 31 17:45:00 CET 2002

At 11:25 AM 12/31/02, Parker Morse wrote:

>There is indeed. A few posts on the list confirmed that my GCC is
>(probably) NOT the problem, but I still reserve the possibility that
>something exotic in the Cobalt configuration is at the root of things.
>
>So I wiped out my old directory, and did a clean install from the tarball:

>./t.score1: syntax error near unexpected token `then'
>FAIL: t.score1

"syntax error" indicates that the wrong shell is running.  The syntax error
is in script tests/t.frame, which is run by script tests/t.score1.  All the
scripts start with "#!/bin/sh" and expect the bash shell (though Matthias
may tell me they're supposed to be shell independent).  What do you get if
you run "/bin/sh --version"?  Try changing the "#!/bin/sh" lines to
"#!/bin/bash" and see what happens.