Mail box to bogo

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Dec 30 23:38:33 CET 2002

At 05:26 PM 12/30/02, Karl Schmidt wrote:

>You are sure this will keep the message count correct?

Yes.  What actually are you concerned about?

>- These are actually imap 'folders'. The folders are actually a file that
>appears to be in the mailbox format with only a header at the top.

I haven't used imap.  If it uses the standard mailbox format, you'll be fine.

You can test as follows:

         mkdir newdir
         bogofilter -s -d newdir < imap.spam.mbx
         bogofilter -n -d newdir < imap.good.mbx
         bogoutil -w newdir .MSG_COUNT

The first three commands you should already understand.  The fourth command
will find .MSG_COUNT in newdir/spamlist.db and newdir/goodlist.db and print
out its counts.  You can use bogoutil to check the counts for any tokens in
which you are interested.