DB backend support for lmdb?

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Jan 25 18:24:12 CET 2019

Am 17.01.19 um 19:06 schrieb Steffen Nurpmeso:
> Hello again Matthias!
>
> A good 2019 i wish.
>
> Matthias Andree wrote in <c4f77995-7556-9fe0-e7e7-e6470fa6f715 at gmx.de>:
>  |(Regarding sourceforget.net speed, I hope convert things to Git this year.)
>  |The trunk now seems fine WRT LMDB support on Fedora 28 and FreeBSD 11.2.
>
> Due to some thread on a NetBSD ML i had a glance on the LMDB code
> and saw that one overflow check condition was not right.  It
> cannot happen in practice because LMDB key length restriction is
> far below 31-bit (511 bytes by default), but still one overflow
> could happen and would not be detected because of wraparound.
> This is fixed by the attached patch.  (Tests all fine but the
> skipped ones.)
>
> Do you have any plans on doing a new bogofilter release?  It is of
> course nothing but purely selfish ... but KyotoCabinet is also
> a new backend, and is lingering for some time, too.  If i diff
> from my imported master (v1.2.4), there are quite some changes.
> (I definetely have seen releases with fewer changes.)
>
> No git yet it seems, but v1.2.4 seems to be more than five years
> old, hm hm.  v1.2.5 would be cool, anyway!

Hi Steffen,

indeed no Git yet, real-life work went crazy last autumn as in really
crazy, so I pushed everything back quite a bit.

Thanks for proactively maintaining and catching up your LMDB support so
we can refine it!
However, can I ask you to resend the patch without the many
reformattings? There's a lot of

foo *     ->    foo*

reformatting going on that obscures the actual change.

And yes, a new release is planned, but not all changes that I feel are
needed are in yet.

Thanks again!

Best,
Matthias