DB backend support for lmdb?

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Thu Jan 17 19:06:31 CET 2019

Hello again Matthias!

A good 2019 i wish.

Matthias Andree wrote in <c4f77995-7556-9fe0-e7e7-e6470fa6f715 at gmx.de>:
 |(Regarding sourceforget.net speed, I hope convert things to Git this year.)
 |
 |The trunk now seems fine WRT LMDB support on Fedora 28 and FreeBSD 11.2.

Due to some thread on a NetBSD ML i had a glance on the LMDB code
and saw that one overflow check condition was not right.  It
cannot happen in practice because LMDB key length restriction is
far below 31-bit (511 bytes by default), but still one overflow
could happen and would not be detected because of wraparound.
This is fixed by the attached patch.  (Tests all fine but the
skipped ones.)

Do you have any plans on doing a new bogofilter release?  It is of
course nothing but purely selfish ... but KyotoCabinet is also
a new backend, and is lingering for some time, too.  If i diff
from my imported master (v1.2.4), there are quite some changes.
(I definetely have seen releases with fewer changes.)

No git yet it seems, but v1.2.4 seems to be more than five years
old, hm hm.  v1.2.5 would be cool, anyway!

Thanks already here, and
Ciao,

--steffen