Bogofilter daemon/wrapper

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Feb 7 01:46:36 CET 2006

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 12:00:45 +0100 (CET)
Semper Fidelis wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm aware of the fact that conversation regarding this issue already took
> place.
> Anyway few reasons why bogofilter should work in daemon mode are...
> I'm currently using bogofilter to parse content that actualy is not
> related to email. So, what I did is i'v format it in mailbox style and
> pass it to bogofilter. Since number of messsages i need to process is
> relatively huge (over 10.000.000) and its real-time processing, speed is
> of great importance.
> Firing bogofilter executable each time i need to process message proved to
> be quite slow. So what i did is wrapper in perl which opens pipe to
> bogofilter executable. Main problem in this configuration proved to be
> termination (delimiter) of each of the messages which is in mailbox format
> another "From "
> field. Scoring results are delayed and not logicaly related to input
> messages.
> Any way to overcome this? Maybe another delimiter like "END;" ? Or better
> option to accept another input format (in-line)?
>
> Cheers,
>
> --

H'lo Alen,

Without your perl code, it's hard to tell what bogofilter changes would
make a difference.  Likely it'd help you if bogofilter called fflush
after writing the scoring line to stdout.  The attached patch does
that.  Let us know if it helps.  If not, post your perl code (or the
relevant portion) to the list and maybe something can be done.

Regards,