bogofilter-0.96.1 - aka 1.0.0-rc1

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Sep 5 16:55:44 CEST 2005

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 10:40:19 -0400
Jim Correia wrote:

> On Sep 5, 2005, at 10:25 AM, David Relson wrote:
>
> > Did you use "./configure --with-database=sqlite" ??  If you _did_
> > use the correct
> > command, it sounds like ./configure doesn't work properly on Mac OS X.
> > If that's the case, attach files config.log and src/config.h to your
> > reply.
>
> I used
>
> ./configure --with-database=sqlite3
>
> because
>
> ./configure --help
>
> said:
>
>    --with-database=ENGINE  Choose database engine {db|qdbm|sqlite3}
>                            [ENGINE=db]
>
> Changing it to sqlite gets it to build, and make check passes up to
> t.lock1 then hangs on t.lock3.
>
> It appears that the help for configure is wrong, and it doesn't
> complain if you pass it an unknown value for the database engine.
>
> Any idea why t.lock3 is hanging and how to further diagnose it?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

In configure.ac (and configure) are the following lines:

case "x$WITH_DB_ENGINE" in
    xsqlite|xsqlite3)
	AC_DEFINE(ENABLE_SQLITE_DATASTORE,1, [Enable sqlite3 datastore])
	DB_TYPE=sqlite
	DB_EXT=.db
	AC_CHECK_HEADERS([sqlite3.h],,AC_MSG_ERROR(Cannot find sqlite3.h header file))
	AC_LIB_LINKFLAGS([sqlite3])
	LIBDB="$LIBSQLITE3"
	;;

which allow either '--with-database=sqlite' or '--with-database=sqlite3' to be used.

I wonder if you're having shell script problems?  Here's a little test script to try:

#! /bin/sh

WITH_DB_ENGINE="$1"

case "x$WITH_DB_ENGINE" in
    xsqlite)
	echo "xsqlite:  WITH_DB_ENGINE is $WITH_DB_ENGINE"
	;;
    xsqlite3)
	echo "xsqlite3:  WITH_DB_ENGINE is $WITH_DB_ENGINE"
	;;
    *)
	echo "default:  WITH_DB_ENGINE is $WITH_DB_ENGINE"
	;;
esac

Try running with the following (or similar) command:

   for N in test sqlite sqlite3 ; do dbengine.sh $N ; done

Output should be:

   default:  WITH_DB_ENGINE is test
   xsqlite:  WITH_DB_ENGINE is sqlite
   xsqlite3:  WITH_DB_ENGINE is sqlite3