0.93.6 vs 0.94.0

.rp printer at moveupdate.com
Fri Feb 25 19:02:03 CET 2005

> > Our users are concerned with managability, and I think if we make
> > them read the release notes of a version never released, they'll
> > jump at us, and with good reason. That we changed things (like
> > removing DB 3.1 support) from 0.93.J to 0.93.K is no big deal as
> > long as we don't do that again after a stable 0.93.M release.
>
> One of our problems is that we can't make _read_ the release notes,
> even for the current release!  There are still people who're running
> old versions, for example 0.17.5.  When they upgrade, there is a lot
> of reading that they _should_ do.  Having info on a "never stabilized"
> version is a minor concern.

Well as one of those still using 0.1x , I would say that it would be very
usefull if the ReleaseNotes where made available separate from the whole
dang package AND if it was better written for those who are not super
technical manual readers. (I read the notes for .91.x and was so confused
and bewildred by the language and layout that it simply froze me out).

Maybe a completely document would better serve the BF community.