OO Progress Report

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Jan 30 21:56:37 CET 2005

Matthias,

I have a working prototype of the OO code.  Since I'm off to my
daughter's soccer game shortly and then it's my son's birthday, CVS
won't be updated until later.

At the moment, I'm using three new files:

   datastore_db_private.h - for OO method and struct definitions.
   datastore_db_trad.c    - for traditional (non-transaction) code
   datastore_db_trans.c   - for transaction code.

There is 1 new global variable, dsm, which points to the list of
datastore methods.

There are presently 8 references to fTransaction:

  bogoconfig.c:1
  bogoutil.c:1
  datastore_db.c:4
  globals.c:1
  globals.h:1

4 of them are assert statements:

  assert((fTransaction==false)==(handle->txn==NULL));

and, I believe, can be deleted.

To help understand the changes, I'll commit the changes as a series --
basically 1 method at a time, although there'll be a big initial commit
for moving dbe functions out of datastore_db.c to datastore_db_trans.c

More later.