Bug in lexer_v3

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Jan 14 22:13:54 CET 2005

Evgeny Kotsuba <evgen at shatura.laser.ru> writes:

> I am almost  make "hack" for   message/partial
> i.e. idea is
> (1) to read  full   Content-   string  and look for message/partial,
> total parts and part number. if part number is 0 then handle message as
> usial.

Please check RFC-2046. Part numbering starts at 1, not at 0. The total
parts is only required on the last part.

> Ilse to set flag ismessage_partial to partnumber and aaaa....
> consider all non-header part as binary

That's not the right approach. The point of message/partial is getting
smaller chunks, not encapsulating for transport.

> (2) to do (1) is possible at time where we read  from file  but I  found
> that at that point we don't  make unfolding.

Right. This may have to change.

> (3) unfolding needs  fseek(in,-1, SEEK_SET) that makes problems with so
> called text mode by fopen

No it doesn't, you can also ungetc() the excess byte(s).