Bug in lexer_v3

Evgeny Kotsuba evgen at shatura.laser.ru
Fri Jan 14 15:04:13 CET 2005

Matthias Andree wrote:

>Yes. RFC-2046 section 5.2.2 (message/partial fragmentation/reassembly)
>is not yet implemented. I'll put it on TODO.
>
>Bogofilter currently does tag headers for embedded MIME headers in
>message/rfc822 either, and I do not think it should in the latter
>case.
>
>For message/partial, it's a bit more complex, see the RFC.  Basically,
>we should take all headers from the first part's outer header except
>Content-*, Subject, Message-ID, Encrypted, MIME-Version which are taken
>from the first part's inner header. The inner and outer headers of
>subsequent parts are discarded.
>
>I am a bit displeased about the many places that we store state in
>lexer_v3.l. Anything except the MIME stack should move into flex
>"BEGIN" states.

I am almost  make "hack" for   message/partial
i.e. idea is
(1) to read  full   Content-   string  and look for message/partial,
total parts and part number. if part number is 0 then handle message as
usial. Ilse to set  flag  ismessage_partial to  partnumber and aaaa....
consider all non-header part as binary
(2) to do (1) is possible at time where we read  from file  but I  found
that at that point we don't  make unfolding.
(3) unfolding needs  fseek(in,-1, SEEK_SET) that makes problems with so
called text mode by fopen
This mode is set  with fopen(filename, "r"); than is opposite to binary
mode "rb"
This "rb"/"wb" is used inOS/2 with number of  compilers exept possible
emx (gcc), as well as in windows

so I hope to solve message/partial in some days.

SY,
EK