0.93.2 and OS/2

Yuri Dario warp at os2power.com
Sun Dec 5 01:30:46 CET 2004

Hi Matthias,

>You can compile without, ./configure --disable-transactions - you won't
>get any consistency or durability guarantees in that case though.

RTFM....

>> I changed code to use symlink,
>That won't work as the original name will be unlinked, hence the symlink
>becomes dangling (broken).

while a hard link will stay in place until all references are deleted from disk, right?

>Does OS/2 have shmget() or equivalent? If it does, you can do without
>mmap(). You may need to override HAVE_MMAP in config.h.

OS/2 has a set of API for dealing with shared memory, I looked at shm* stuffs in the past and a
simple implementation should require minimal API mapping.
What exactly is needed for BDB? I see shm* are referenced only in os\os_map.c, and only 4
functions are used (shmget, ctl, at, dt).

TIA,

Bye,

	Yuri Dario

/*