the RFC2047 problem

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Dec 2 00:37:14 CET 2004

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 00:13:15 +0100
Matthias Andree wrote:

...[snip]...

>  /*
>
> Given that the encoded word must not be continued on the next line,
> this is safe.
>
> Is this OK to commit for the nonce?
> We can still switch to another fix later.

According to RFC-2047, an encoded word cannot include white space and
cannot be split across line boundaries.  Bogofilter allows the splitting
to accommodate spammers who violate the RFC.

Go ahead with the patch.  It won't hurt correctly formatted messages.

In the long run, we might want a get_unfolded_header_line function, or
have unfolding be done in our getline function.  Having that function
check for RFC-2047 could be done, too.