[bugs][ bogofilter-Bugs-1076286 ] Error compiling bogofilter 0.93.1 with db version 4.3.21

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Dec 1 12:04:01 CET 2004

I'll post to the -dev list because sourceforge is down for
maintenance. We'll need to attach this as comment later.

"SourceForge.net" <noreply at sourceforge.net> writes:

> Category: None
> Group: None
>
> Initial Comment:
> Sparc 10 solaris 9 with gcc version 3.2.3 db version
> 4.3.21.
> Generates an error when performing the dblinking test.
>
> Same error occurs on a Sparc 10 solaris 8 with gcc
> version 2.95.3
>
> The config.log for the solaris 9 environment attached.

The config.log reveals that the db.h file wasn't found.
For a default installation of Berkeley DB, it will have installed to
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.3, with subdirs bin, include, lib and perhaps
docs, --with-libdb-prefix=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.3 should then work.

If you've given a different --prefix to BerkeleyDB, just use the same
directory in --with-libdb-prefix in bogofilter.

If that doesn't help, try, for instance:

./configure CPPFLAGS=-I$HOME/include