removing the Berkeley DB environment...

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sat Nov 13 04:01:33 CET 2004

...with rm doesn't appear to be working right.

I have seen, several times, nastygrams like these:

DB_ENV->log_flush: LSN of 215/96746 past current end-of-log of 1/45240
Database environment corrupt; the wrong log files may have been removed or incompatible database files imported from another environment
wordlist.db: unable to flush page: 0
txn_checkpoint: failed to flush the buffer cache Invalid argument
bogofilter: (db) DBE->txn_checkpoint returned Invalid argument

So I'd suggest leaving the __db.* files alone for now and only using
db_archive to figure which log files can be removed.