0.92.8

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Oct 19 23:53:11 CEST 2004

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:52:41 +0200
Matthias Andree wrote:

> David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:
>
> > There're still 12 hrs before my "evening".  Let me know :-)  If we
> > don't make "this" evening, there's another one tomorrow.
>
> OK, all clear for 0.92.8 from here; the passthrough stuff is now doing
> the right thing WRT setvbuf(). If I find more, I'll commit in small
> and logical chunks that won't build the break or make check, as usual.
>
> I have recently tested bogofilter with DB 4.1 or 4.2 on Solaris
> 8/sparc, Solaris 9/i386, FreeBSD 4.10/i386 and 5.3-BETA7/i386 and SuSE
> Linux 9.1, the t.bogodir crash is resolved, so I believe we can go
> 0.93 real soon now and address the remaining issues when the TXN stuff
> is on the trunk. I'd suggest to then lay a tag for a 0-92 branch
> before the merge, just in case we need quick fixes, declare 0-92
> (0.92.8) "stable" short after the release and 0.93.0 current.
>
> I bet some issues will surface if we're forcing TXN on the users.

My usual practice has been to promote 'current' to 'stable' if no
problems have been encountered.  I've slacked off recently because the
changes have been very minor, hence no pressing need for promoting.

With a 0.92.8 release in the next few hours, there's a possibility of a
new stable release this coming weekend.