[long] Recovery handling in TXN branch

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Aug 18 18:24:11 CEST 2004

Gyepi SAM <gyepi at praxis-sw.com> writes:

> It seems quite fast. The tokens must, of course, be encoded and decoded.
> I'll keep it in mind for when I have some free cycles to work on it.
> My ultimate goal is to find a fast back-end system that doesn't corrupt data
> and requires *no* user intervention. In my ideal case, users wouldn't know or
> care that bogofilter had a database.

Well, my thinking about how to detect the need for recovery has a
reason: making bogofilter "just work" without data base corruption and
without deadlock because the DB "needs recovery".

I've read on BerkeleyDB's RPC server code and it looks like an
oversimplified solution, it is written to be low even on the local host.

So if we were into using a server, we'd need to code our own.

NOTE YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MY MAIL IF YOU'RE USING SPF!
Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)