bogofilter-0.92.3 - new current release

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Jul 28 21:56:26 CEST 2004

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:12:58 -0700
.rp wrote:

> On 27 Jul 2004 at 12:34, David Relson wrote:
>
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Bogofilter-0.92.3 has been released.  Just a few, very minor code
> > cleanups.  Given the scarcity of problems in the 0.92 series, I
> > expect to promote it to "stable" at the end of the week.
> >
> A few question/comments:
> *   In the CVS's bogofilter-faq, in response to "Now that I've
> upgraded
>     why is bogofilter working less well?" , it says 'you might want to
>     use version 0.15.13  and read the documentation which comes with
>     it for how to migrate your database.'  The link
>     http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=62265&packag
>     e_id=59357 does not show version 15

I'll check into that.  Likely rewriting is needed.

> *   Using Mozilla1.7, when I try to view or download the files in the
> CVS
>     bogofilter/bogofilter/doc/bogofilter.xml, I get on top of the page
>     the message "This XML file does not appear to have any style
>     information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."

I'm using Galeon to look at page
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/bogofilter/bogofilter/doc/bogofilter.xml?content-type=text%2Fplain&rev=1.73.2.1
and am not having any trouble.  Can you give me the complete URL so I
can check it?

> *   It seems that the way to update from pre .9 versions to the latest
>
>     versions, is to uninstall bogofilter (in my case version .15) and
>     then install the static version of
>     bogofilter-static-0.92.0-1.i586.rpm , so that dependency hell is
>     avoided. Is that correct?

It depends on what operating system and packages you have available.
One of the purposes of bogofilter-static is avoiding dependency hell, so
it may well be the best thing for you :-)

Thanks for the feedback.