txn datastore

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Jun 5 01:09:57 CEST 2004

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 23:07:14 +0200
Matthias Andree wrote:

> On Wed, 02 Jun 2004, Clint Adams wrote:
>
> > When is the next transactional branch merge likely?  I just tried to
> > merge it myself, but there were many more conflicts than I had
> > expected.
>
> David, I need more information on the iterators semantics in
> register.c.
>
> I see "node" iterator that sums up a delta onto keys in word_list (a
> global, how awful).
> I see the "lists" iterator that sums up message counts.

Matthias,

I've just committed a change that removes the global 'wordlist_t
*word_list' and uses function 'wordlist_t *default_wordlist()' as
necessary.

> If we are registering the words only to word_list, what is the meaning
> of bumping the message counts in other data bases? This looks faulty.
>
> I'd think we'd need to pass in a single data base handle into
> register_words and bump message counts only in that particular data
> base, not in all.

That sounds correct. Using default_wordlists() should make that cleaner
and clearer.

> Comments will be appreciated.

Later, I'll take a look at txn's wordlist.c to see that needs doing.