0.16.3: config file and bogofilter_dir

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Jan 19 14:52:56 CET 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 12:19:51 +0100
Torsten Veller <ml-en at veller.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> my bogofilter_dir variable is not taken from my config file anymore
> (0.16.3) -- i had to change from
> | bogofilter -p -e -c/etc/bogofilter.cf
> | bogofilter -p -e -c/etc/bogofilter.cf
> --bogofilter_dir=/home/bogofilter
>
> A simple call of bogolexer starts with:
> Error - bad parameter 'bogofilter_dir'
> Error - bad parameter 'unsure_subject_tag'
> Error - bad parameter 'algorithm'
> Error - bad parameter 'robs'
> Error - bad parameter 'robx'
> Error - bad parameter 'ham_cutoff'
> Error - bad parameter 'spam_cutoff'

Torsten,

I'll take a look to see what's happening.

On the command line, "-d /home/bogofilter" is the traditional way of
specifying the directory.  It still works.

> Are the "#ifdef  ENABLE_DEPRECATED_CODE / #endif" in
> bogofilter.cf.example just a note to the reader? Well they are in it
> after installation.

Correct.  They're just a note to the reader.  Bogofilter.cf.example
isn't processed during configure, so they're not removed.  The #ifdefs
also serve as indicators/reminders for 0.17 when those parts of the file
will be removed.