[cvs] bogofilter/src bogoconfig.c,1.136,1.137 configfile.c,1.33,1.34 configfile.h,1.10,1.11

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Jan 19 04:34:33 CET 2004

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, David Relson wrote:

> I've been talking with Greg about adding long names for the existing
> single character options.  Given the very different ways in which short
> and long options are presently handled, there's a need for significant
> work on option definition and handling.  I think the current code is OK
> for now and the revision can wait until 0.17.
>
> Question:  is gnugetopt() widely available?

Yes, it is, if we make it so :-)

It is a .c file that we can ship (GPL) and that is designed to be shipped.

Other than that, AutoOpts may be beneficial to the maintainance work
with options, see http://autogen.sourceforge.net/autoopts.html I wonder
if it will help much now as we have parsers, but when we introduce real
long options, it may come to use.