Variable name clash

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Jan 9 03:17:31 CET 2004

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004, Stefan Bellon wrote:

> In bogohist.c and msgcounts.c there are the variables msgs_good and
> msgs_bad defined twice. I think it would be good programming practice,
> defining them static if not needed from another module. Or,
> alternatively, rename one pair, but having those variables exported
> with the same name might sooner or later result in some nice linker
> problems.

I'm using -fno-common on gcc versions that support it (and I believe
David's gcc accepts -fno-common), so we'd notice upstream, and I'd
notice when building on Solaris, it's ild is picky. (I've had a hard
time keeping the Solaris port working in earlier times, but things have
settled down.)

Nonetheless, thanks for the report (and keep reporting such issues),
this deserves the "Good Catch Of The Day" cap.

Thanks,