RPM: _build_exceptions

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sat Jan 3 02:01:31 CET 2004

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> Note: "_build_exceptions" and "filter.sh" appear to be Mandrake
> specific.

Every vendor his own...

> As Gyepi points out, rpm will ignore unrecognized %define
> variables, so that's OK.  Also, since _I_ am the primary RPM builder,

OK.

> bogofilter-static-0.15.13.cvs-2.i586.rpm

(ignored)

> bogofilter-0.15.13.cvs-2.i586.rpm
>     rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
>     rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
>     bash
>     libc.so.6
>     libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
>     libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1)
>     libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3)
>     libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2)
>     libdb-4.1.so
>     libgslcblas.so.0
>     libgsl.so.0
>     libm.so.6
>     libm.so.6(GLIBC_2.0)
>
> I think all that needs doing is change from libdb-4.1 to libdb-3.3, or
> am I missing something?

You cannot change just the dependency, you'll have to compile bogofilter
against BerkeleyDB.3.3 in the first place - if Mandrake doesn't have
libdb-3.3.so, you can either install using the usual (not ready-to-go)
procedure:

tar -xzvf db-3.3.11.tar.gz
cd mumble
patch <db-3.3.11.1
patch <db-3.3.11.2
cd build_unix
../dist/configure --with-uniquename
make
make install

and build --with-libdb-prefix=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.3

As to GSL, I suggest, as before, to use --with-included-gsl - that rids
us of any GSL dependencies and incompabilities. It costs 60 kB. Not
nice, but working.