memory usage [was: Forwarded [bogoutil]]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Nov 19 03:56:45 CET 2003

Chris & Horst,

Using bogoutil-0.15.8 and a 60mb wordlist.db, with command "bogoutil -m
wordlist.db -k 16 -y 20031118 -a 123 -c 0" and with top running, I saw
bogoutil get to 62mb ... Afterwards, wordlist.db was the same size
(according to 'ls -l').

While the above was running, I also have bogotune running (300mb virt,
150mb res) on my 384mb workstation.

FWIW, I have bogofilter running on a mailserver with a P-133 and 64MB
ram (and the above mentionned 60mb wordlist.db).  No troubles ...

Bogofilter is very good about memory management.  AFAIK, there are _no_
leaks in current versions of bogofilters and I can't think of any major
leaks in recent versions.

Questions:  have you been running vmstat and/or ps when the problem
occurs?  What do they show?