Porting to RISC OS

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sat Sep 6 16:23:51 CEST 2003

Stefan,

I think the solution is to have an "rmail" type.  I'd be inclined to
have a "mail_type=rmail" directive in the config file and define an
rmail_getline() function in bogoreader.c that would check for an "#!
rmail" line.  When the separator is found, the function would return EOM
and save the line for the next call.

David

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 16:13:00 +0200
Stefan Bellon <sbellon at sbellon.de> wrote:

> In principle I have bogofilter running fine on RISC OS.
>
> However, all mail fetchers on RISC OS use another mbox format. Mails
> are not separated by From_ lines, but by lines with "#! rmail" at the
> start of a line.
>
> Now I wanted to add this recognition to
> bogoreader.c:mailbox_getline(). However I get the impression that the
> return value of that function determines two things: a) whether to
> start statistics for a new mail and b) whether to throw away the
> current line. Those two things seem to be tied together.
>
> On RISC OS however, I have to retain the "#! rmail" line and start
> processing a new mail. It looks like this doesn't work with the
> current design of mailbox_getline(). It could however very well be
> that I haven't fully understood how processing the input works.
>
> To put it in other words: Is it possible to scan an mbox file, process
> each mail inside separately without throwing away the From_ lines?
>
> --
> Stefan Bellon

David Relson                   Osage Software Systems, Inc.
relson at osagesoftware.com       Ann Arbor, MI 48103
www.osagesoftware.com          tel:  734.821.8800