Porting to RISC OS

Stefan Bellon sbellon at sbellon.de
Sat Sep 6 16:13:00 CEST 2003

In principle I have bogofilter running fine on RISC OS.

However, all mail fetchers on RISC OS use another mbox format. Mails
are not separated by From_ lines, but by lines with "#! rmail" at the
start of a line.

Now I wanted to add this recognition to bogoreader.c:mailbox_getline().
However I get the impression that the return value of that function
determines two things: a) whether to start statistics for a new mail
and b) whether to throw away the current line. Those two things seem to
be tied together.

On RISC OS however, I have to retain the "#! rmail" line and start
processing a new mail. It looks like this doesn't work with the current
design of mailbox_getline(). It could however very well be that I
haven't fully understood how processing the input works.

To put it in other words: Is it possible to scan an mbox file, process
each mail inside separately without throwing away the From_ lines?

--
Stefan Bellon