Fwd: FAG

Jeremy Blosser jblosser-bogofilter at firinn.org
Fri Sep 5 21:18:47 CEST 2003

Hey, has anyone else seen anything like this, or did we actually make first
contact with a spammer?!?

We're blocking around 1.5M spam per month with bogofilter right now... we
know the spammer noticed when we put it in blocking mode, because they
started blitzing us with all kinds of weird mails in an attempt to get any
of them through, but that mostly just gave us more to block on.  Very
little gets through, and we have no reports yet of any real false positives
among 2k+ users.

And today we got this, sent directly to one of our sysadmins.  He's not one
of the mail admins, but he is the SA that gets the most spam normally.
(Our usernames/domains are changed in this mail, the rest is as it came.)

Anyway, we don't know if this is just some generic declaration they're
sending out to a lot of places right now, or if we're actually on someone's
radar.  Anyone else seen it?