Sun Workshop compiler warnings

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Aug 5 03:56:03 CEST 2003

At 07:47 PM 8/4/03, Matthias Andree wrote:
>"lexer_v3.l", line 120: warning: 37589 is invalid in #line directive
>"lexer_v3.l", line 168: warning: 37746 is invalid in #line directive
>"lexer_v3.l", line 264: warning: 38113 is invalid in #line directive
>
>These cannot be fixed easily, apparently Sun Workshop complains if
>__LINE__ exceeds 32767 (the largest guaranteed signed short).
>
>"src/main.c", line 157: warning: enum type mismatch: op "="
>
>This one is a problem when the rc_t and ex_t interfaces to not match.
>Can we kill one of the two interfaces without sacrificing too much
>functionality? We should to so to keep the code maintainable.

Matthias,

The code generated by flex has a mixture of #line directives.  Some
reference file lexer_v3.l and some reference lexer_v3.c.  As the .l file
has few lines (as compared to the .c file), why not pipe the lexer_v3.c
file through "egrep -v '^#line.*lexer_v3.c'" to remove the lines with the
big numbers.  Ideally this would be done only for the Sun Workshop compiler.