HEADS-UP: dcdflib migration to GSL.

Greg Louis glouis at dynamicro.on.ca
Sat Jul 19 22:12:35 CEST 2003

On 20030719 (Sat) at 1605:01 +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:

> I have written a GSL-based replacement for dcdflib migration to remove
> the last traces of doubt the dcdflib license brought us.
>
> It appears to work, I'm looking into accuracy issues currently and I'll
> consider if we're going to steal the GSL functions and stuff those into
> bogofilter or if we just link the whole library. Opinions whether we
> should add GSL as dependency or rather include the modules? (The latter
> is explicitly encouraged for GPL'd code, so we have both options.)

I've been using gsl in my personal patch for a long time, linking the
gsl and gslcblas shared libraries.  It works fine for me, and is within
a few parts per million of what R calculates -- good enough for
bogofilter.  I had assumed we wouldn't want to force that rather bulky
library on folks who don't do any other numerical analysis type stuff,
but I didn't quite have the nerve to try to pull out the code we'd need
in bogofilter.

--
| G r e g  L o u i s          | gpg public key: finger     |
|   http://www.bgl.nu/~glouis |   glouis at consultronics.com |