bogofilter now has tdb support

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Wed Jul 9 13:03:02 CEST 2003

Gyepi SAM <gyepi at praxis-sw.com> writes:

> Speaking of which, do we really need to build the static binaries in
> addition to the dynamic linked versions. Why not build only the static
> version if the user specifies --enable-static. Then we can generate
> binaries like: bogofilter-bdb-static and bogofilter-tdb-static.
> Makes it easier to build rpms too.

Your patch :-)

I'm not in favour of shipping these static versions at all, they are an
update nightmare for the user, and we really shouldn't concern ourselves
with the differences between distros.

> In any case, we should create symlinks pointing to the correct binary
> which users can twiddle if desired.

May be a good idea, or we might factor out the executables, so we have:

bogofilter-base (documentation, scripts, all that), requires bogofilter-progs

bogofilter-dynamic, requires bogofilter-base, provides bogofilter-progs,
                    conflicts bogofilter-static

bogofilter-static, requires bogofilter-base, provides bogofilter-progs,
                   conflicts bogofilter-dynamic

> I thought of this and decided on a better approach, but since we're only
> supporting one database at a time, we can table the whole thing.

I don't think users will switch data bases often. They expect the whole
stuff to "just run" after installation and initial configuration.